Custom Search

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Short Person’s Children

Short Person apparently has children. A LOT of children. They have laid themselves along the floor in her room, covered with a myriad of blankets and long-sleeved shirts.

When I told LJS about the shirt thing, I had mentioned that I thought it was cute because she'd been inventive when she ran out of blankets. She'd pulled all the shirts out and covered them up. Smart, really.


However, it was the plucky voice from the other room that called to me, "Mom! I did that because they TOLD me too! They said that they WANTED to be covered up with the shirts."


Fast-forward to yesterday morning. At 6am, the first thing she did was go into her room and start talking to all her kids to wake them up.


Today, when I asked if I could clean up her room and put her buddies back into the box, she responded, "But Mom! They are my kids!"


Tonight, she was quite upset because she needed something out of her closet and Bob the Builder was in the way. "He's sleeping in the closet and said he won't move!"


And later still, she was upset because (and she's pointing them out to me), "See Mom? That one and that one and that one and those two are all still awake! We need to sing them a lullaby."


Things that make you go "HUH" is playing in that empty space between my eardrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment