Custom Search

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Good Day / Symbolic Dreams


My husband actually got a day off, so even though both of us had a long list of "to do's" we decided to take Short Person to the Strawberry Festival and pet the animals in the barn, go down the slide (which she did without hesitation 100-200 times), and ride the hay ride to the strawberry fields.

Now, my husband has the worst allergies I've ever seen on anyone. He just can't seem to stop sneezing. So, you can imagine what about 50 acres of grass seed and a hay ride did for him. He was so miserable the entire time I'm surprised he was able to stay standing. But he did it. Toughed it out for two and a half hours.

He must love us a lot... cause that's the only explanation I come up with for that one.

There also seems to be a light at the very end of what has been a long, long tunnel. After three months of working 15 hour days and weekends, the owner of the company looked at the only person higher on the ladder than my husband and said very bluntly, "He's not working this schedule forever." My husband, seemingly interceding on the other guy's behalf for some reason, said "No, just until they don't need me at night anymore."

I asked when that might be and LJS replied, "Maybe another month." One month... I can deal with that. The light is getting brighter.

Thank God.

********************************

I had some strange dreams the other night. I know two of them are symbolic-- one very obviously so, the other... not so much.

In the first, I dreamed that I was trying to do something (can't remember what) and short person had my right arm and would not let go. She kept pulling at it so that I could not get anything done.

This dream would be the obvious one.

In the second, I dreamed that I opened the car door (a station wagon if you can believe that) and inside of it (yes, it was my car) were a dog, a cat, and a mouse. They all seemed to get along, and even had what I believed to be a playful relationship. I didn't notice this, however, until I took the dog out of the car. I remember being startled that there had also been a cat and a mouse in there too and that they were all still alive.

Weird. I don't get that one, although I suppose if I looked in the dream dictionary I'd find something. I just thought it was interesting.

Either that, or this would be a really good lesson learned about why we do not watch four hours of Ghost Hunters before going to bed. LOL...

I do love that show though. Those guys are great. They won't say something is haunted for anything! Freaking levitation could happen and all they would say is "Yeah, looks like you've got some strange occurrences here, but I'm not ready to call it haunted."

haha... I do have to say, however, that I like it when they debunk the place too-- almost as much as when they catch something freaky on camera.

Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment