Custom Search

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I am constantly amazed by the Short Person

Last night, while Daddy made his lunch and mommy sat down to watch (or try to watch) television, the Short Person decided to talk to us. I don't remember the conversation, but I remember that Short Person didn't like the answer very much and replied, "Shut Up, Mom. Shut Up!"

Well, this caught both of us off-guard and the rebuke of "Don't talk to your Mom like that." and "I don't like those words." was quick to come.

I watched her face as it sort of crumpled and then transformed into total curiosity. "But... we say that to the dogs."

And she's right. We do.

Those little barkiologists that think that they are bigger than the boogie man love to bark. They love to bark at the cat, the birds, the next door neighbors dogs. They even love to bark at nothing. After awhile, it gets annoying-- especially when you can see that they are barking at the wind. It's common for us to stick our heads out the slider and yell to them to "Shut Up".

Her smarts and knowledge at the fact that she picked that particular phrase up from me... amazed me. I'm proud of her for knowing that and for catching us on it.

If you're wondering how I addressed it after that... I knelt before her, told her she was right and let her know that it wasn't a very nice thing to say to people. Then, told her that Daddy and I would try to remember not to say it to the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment