Custom Search

Monday, December 31, 2007

So, I Was Sitting In My Car Minding My Own Business...

I was sitting in the car, waiting in the driveway of my favorite coffee place minding my own business. The song "Let's Dance" had just come on the radio with its snappy, happy 80's melody when I glanced into the back seat and saw this...



It was so cute! I reached for my camera very slowly, hoping to unobtrusively take it from its hiding place in the camera bag. I turned it on and tilted it up... and she stopped dancing.

"Can I take a picture of you dancing?" I asked, hoping that she'd say yes, and do it again just like she had been.

"No!"

"Oh. Okay. Well, I'm going to take a picture of that white van over there cause it looks neat."

"Okay! Can I see?"

"When I get done."

I focused the camera on the child-viewer rearview mirror and zoomed in so that I could see her better. "Okay honey, I'm going to take that picture now. I'm not looking, so you can go ahead and dance now if you want."

I waited and sure enough. Slowly, quietly, I depressed the record button. It was just so cute I couldn't resist.

I'm not sure where she gets the rapper moves from, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment