Custom Search

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stories for Short Person

(**My original blog was on MySpace.)

Although not necessarily my intent for myspace, I have managed over the last year to accumulate quite a few stories of Short Person's antics. I always thought that I'd write them in a baby book, or scrapbook them, and have them separate from what was originally to be an outlet for my not so secret alternate identity.

In a strange, twisted sort of way, I am more myself on this anonymous space in an unreal world than I am anywhere else, but that's a story for another day.

As the accumulation of stories about Short Person grows, I am getting more and more concerned about losing them. I have horrible nightmares about computer crashes, myspace deletions, phishing... Losing those stories would devestate me.

Which brings me to this post. I know I've talked about backing them all up onto hard drive, or printing them out, and I will do that soon. But what I really want to do is start a memento for her to look at when she's 15, 25, 40, etc. A collection of stories of her growing up, along with pictures whenever available, that she can have as a treasure.

But how should I do it?

Scrapbooking seems like the most likely candidate, but I kinda hoped for something more unique since her baby book is a scrapbook. I've thought about doing board books and making "story books" for her, but that would be a lot of books! I thought about printing them all and then publishing them into a hardback book, but stories are continuous and it would bug me to no end to have to keep reprinting the book or something crazy.

So what do I do? What's the solution?

In my mind, I'm envisioning the large old antique type scrapbooks that you see in "Once Upon A Time" tales that have been made into movies, but since I haven't seen an album of that type in years (and the only one that I have seen was our old family album), that idea doesn't seem doable. So, now what?

If any of you that read this have an idea, I'd love to hear it. No matter how off the wall it may seem.

You know, maybe I could put her stories on dishes. You know, short ones on a mug, longer ones on a bowl or plates. Haha... that'd be unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment