Custom Search

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

God and Coffee

I think God likes coffee. Either that, or in His infinite wisdom, he was trying to give me a message... that I needed coffee today!

I am the person that looks upwards at every green light and says a little prayer of gratitude. Always five or ten minutes late, green lights are a little gift from Heaven. But even so, it is rare that I am blessed with more than a few on any given morning.

Today, however, was different.

Today, I overslept. I left the house five minutes late, questioning my decision to value coffee above arriving at work on time. I pulled out onto my street, made the two turns to get to the light, and pulled up expecting to have to wait for a king's age.

Didn't happen. I pulled up and was immediately able to pull onto the Highway. No traffic. As a matter of fact, there was no traffic all the way to the coffee shop AND I hit EVERY green light. It took half the time to get there than normal.

When I arrived, it occurred to me that God must be sending me a message-- that I needed coffee today. I even had a freebie coming, which made my Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte that much sweeter.

So, after getting it and pulling from the coffee shop... I hit every red light and bumper to bumper traffic, which I thought was rather interesting.

God sending me two messages perhaps? 1) I need coffee. 2) I shouldn't go to work.

Something to ponder, I think. Or perhaps, just one more instance where He is showing me how much of a sense of humor he has when it comes to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment