Custom Search

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An Actual Fight With My Husband

My husband has offered to purchase me a new computer. I actually have possession of his credit card to do so. The problem, however, is that I'm too scared I'll make the wrong decision to actually make a decision.

After having owned a laptop for a couple years, I have drawn the sad conclusion that they are too difficult for me to write on. It has something to do with the keyboard, mouse, and large up-front screen of a desktop. So, I started looking at desktop computers to purchase, but there really isn't anywhere in our house to put one.

The other day, when LJS asked me if I had bought the computer, I mentioned this sad fact to him.

"See, the problem is that I don't know where to put it. I mean, I could put it in the living room, but then I have to buy a desk for it. By that time, the $800 computer is now $1000."

"WOMAN! Jeez..."

"I'm just saying..."

"You know... if someone came up to you and said, 'Here is a brand-new Mercedes' are you going to turn it down because there is no room in the driveway?!" He paused for a moment while I stood there speechless. "No, wait. You'd probably be the one where... 'You just one A MILLION DOLLARS!!' and then tell them you couldn't take it because your checkbook doesn't have room for all those zeros."

It occurred to me somewhere during this that he was actually somewhat mad... but being extraordinarily funny about it. "Um, okay." I muttered. "I'll buy it tonight."

The problem is that I haven't bought it.

I haven't bought it or the laptop I've been looking at.

It would be so much easier if someone would just tell me what to do or better yet, go and just get the darn thing and tell me that is what I am living with. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment