Custom Search

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random Whatevers

I may be admitting to a certain amount of laziness at this moment because instead of starting a new blog for every topic I want to cover, I am doing just one.

Lazy... I know.

The Negative Project

I learned not too long ago that Fred Meyer will take your negatives and convert them to digital files for (what I think) is a very reasonable price- 100 negatives for $15.90.

Since I have a huge shoebox full of envelopes with negatives in them, I thought... hey, I can do that!

Right.

I've been going through negatives, with the help of a light box and lumiloupe, every night. When I first started, I really thought that I probably only had a few hundred. I'm thinking now that I have a few THOUSAND.

$15.90 no longer looks so reasonable. LOL! But, I think if I do a hundred or so a paycheck, I'll eventually have them all done. But for now, it's fun to look at old pictures and watch Short Person hunch over the lumiloupe to view them. She looks very professional. lol

The Onion

The other night, LJS and I had fish tacos for dinner. They weren't as good as either of us had hoped (not enough flavor). To try to compensate for that, LJS piled his with a heap of onions.

You can imagine his breath.

As you know, we have some trouble getting Short Person to sleep in her own bed. She's too scared, or so she says. *Light Bulb*

Short Person hops into our bed, ready to snuggle down for the night, and daddy asks, "Hey, does my breath stink?"

Short Person leans over and breaths in. "Daddy, your breath is steeen-ky!"

One second passes and LJS and I both chuckle. Two seconds. Short Person looks at me and in a dire voice says, "Mommy? Can I sleep with you?", while simultaneously trying to get as far away from LJS as humanly possible.

I laughed and laughed and laughed. LJS laughed and laughed and laughed.

The thing that was so funny is that Short Person was not laughing. AT ALL. She was completely serious. She wanted OUT OF THAT BED!

Man, it was great fun. But I didn't blame her. No way was I sleeping with him either. Pee-EW!

Naughty Girl Party

So, I'm having a naughty girl party. I've invited a bunch of people over to come eat chocolate and look at naughty things and giggle. Good fun!

I've been looking for a way to get to know the girl who works at the coffee place I go too better. She is a little younger than I am and has two kids, a girl a little older than Short Person and a boy.

I've been frequenting the same coffee stand for... wow... about six or seven years now. I've known her through diabetic diagnosis, pregnancy, and four years of parenting. She's always bubbly and sweet and I just adore her.

But I'm wondering what she thought when I drove up, ordered coffee, and then said... "I've been looking for a way to get to know you better. Wanna come over Sunday for a Slumber Party?"

LOL... I had to do some fast explaining!

But alas, it is her son's birthday party. So maybe another day :)

That about wraps it up for now. I swear I had more, but now... clueless what it was :)

No comments:

Post a Comment