Custom Search

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Books Read in June

I'm feeling very happy with myself this month because I actually got some "adult" reading in-- and I'm not talking the genre. I'm talking a book with more than 15 pages. WooHoo!

Oh! And, make that TWO books of more than 15 pages.

I finally, after deciding that I simply could not wait to find out what happens in Eclipse, decided to start reading the series. It took some doing because a friend of mine had loaned me the last three books in the series, but not the first one. Luckily, I was able to borrow that from another friend (finally) and start reading. Of course, by this time, Eclipse was opening in the theaters, but that's no matter because once I opened and started reading I never looked back.

Books read this month are (drum roll please...)


YES!!

I really liked them both, but think that seeing the movies first was better this time. Reading the books gives you a fuller picture of the story, but doing it in reverse (seeing before reading) made me realize how good a job the screenwriter that did the adaptation did. There are moments in the movie that you realize 100-150 pages are encapsulated into a single moment, without losing anything of the story. It was cool to read the book and go, "Wow... that was genius!"

Maybe it's like that all the time. I usually read the book first and then get grumpy when my favorite parts are missing. Either way, I enjoy the movies and I really enjoyed the first two books.

Now onto the second two!

No comments:

Post a Comment