Custom Search

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What a Week... and It's Only Tuesday

I'm not really sure where to start with this one. Probably I should just give bullet points so that it doesn't take me all night to write things... so, here goes:

1) Yesterday, I had a mild case of food poisoning that left me feeling as though they were test driving the marketability of my stomach as a new front-loading washing machine. If you looked into it, you would have seen things going around and around!

2) Last week, I called our bank to stop an automatic transfer... it didn't happen. What did happen was that they tried to transfer the too high amount from my checking into my savings... except that I didn't have enough in checking to cover it, so they had to transfer from my savings into my checking, and then an additional amount from my credit line into my checking so that they could transfer it all back into my savings account. Confused? Yeah, me too. But in the end... $20 in overdraft protection fees... 20 minutes on the phone getting the charges reversed and making sure the auto transfer was really canceled... hearing the teller say that the phone bankers knew pretty much nothing... priceless.

3) So, after explaining to my favorite coffee server that I should have stayed in bed all week thanks to my lovely luck the past two days, she attempts to hand me my receipt... which the wind takes and blows 1/2 a block away before we realize what had happened and looked at eachother and busted up laughing.

Those are the highlights. To end the day...

The short person's babysitter called me to say that my daughter has been having nightmares again. When I pick her up, I ask short person if she had a nightmare. She tells me that she had a bad dream again about the horse.

Just to make sure she's... telling the truth isn't the way I want to put it, but she's 2, I want to make sure the dream really is the same... I ask her which one that is and she confirms it's the one where the horse gets on her back and hurts her (she wakes up SCREAMING from this dream).

I am curious so I ask her if she's friend's with the horse. No.
I then ask what color the horse is, and she says Black.
Further still, I ask... are you big like Mommy in the dream, or little. I'm little.

Since, to my knowledge, my daughter has never even SEEN a horse, I've ended this lovely day concerned that my daughter has had a previous life where she was trampled to death by a horse. I'm actually debating doing an Internet search for the year 2002-2003 to see if I can find anything like that, so clearly I've lost it.

Or, she somehow has seen Horse Whisperer.

Life can be really complicated sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment