Custom Search

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Everybody Run! The Short Person Has A Gun (and a newly acquired F-word)

My daughter is on a mission! Determination is written all over her face and her heavy footsteps pound on the wooden floor as she runs outside to rid the backyard of moronic barking dogs. Her only weapon... a squirt gun shaped like a sea horse. She's taken to the task as though the world depends on it, and her aim is deadly.

Just ask her dad.

And the barbecue.

And the goldfish.

They've all experienced her careful aim, hesitation, and squirt, squirt, squirt.

Perhaps they would not notice if her mommy had been so diligent in realizing that nothing was going to be safe or sacred and had put in warm water, but... I'm not that smart.

Or maybe I am, because I've never laughed quite so hard as when short person snuck up on her dad, his back to her, and blasted him with a few deadly squirts of ice cold water.

:)

*******************************

It seems that this gun-toting has also brought out a little sailor-flavor of the F-word kind out of her as well. Today she told the babysitter she was Fucking Cold.

Now, it's possible that's not what she said, so babysitter asked again. "What did you say?"

"I said... I'm fucking cold!"

Dear Lord, please oh please, when I ask her, please don't let her respond that she "heard it from Mommy". (I'm silently pleading...)

No comments:

Post a Comment