Custom Search

Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Mmm... It Tastes Like Macaroni and Cheese!"

I should preamble this post by letting you know that of all the food in the world, my daughter only eats about 10 different things. Her favorite of all being Macaroni and Cheese. Every meal, every day. Other people can get her to eat a variety, but not dad or me.

We went to Washington to house-sit for my brother and sister-in-law. I loved doing it because not only is their house beautiful, but it is also only about 2 minutes from one of my sisters. We met up on Saturday, June 30, to play games and just chit-chat.

I picked her and one of my nieces up in my car in preparation to drive them over to J & K's, but first we needed to stop for coffee-- or rather I, the coffee addict needed to stop for coffee.

I pull into the parking lot and go inside, leaving my sister with Short Person and my niece. Oh man... what follows in nothing short of gross, but hilarious.

Apparently, while I was inside getting coffee, my daughter had a booger in her nose that she needed to get out. Instead of asking for a tissue (something I regularly keep in the car because she goes through them like crazy), she went digging and came out with something.

"Look, I have a booger on my finger", she said very proudly.

My sister turned around in her seat to look at her, noticing that Addy (my niece) was trying to cover the fact that she was laughing hysterically. "You what?"

"I have a booger on my finger." The impish grin on her face attesting to the fact that she knew she was being funny.

"Oh... well, what are you going to do with it?" My sister asked. "Do you need a tissue?"

"Nope. I'm going to eat it!"

Addy is now no longer able to hide the fact that she's simultaneously grossed out but laughing at the same time, and my sister attests that she was too stunned to do anything as Short Person stuck her finger in her mouth.

"So...uh... how'd it taste?" My sister asked, struggling for something to say. "Did it taste good?"

"Uh-huh." Short Person grinned and nodded.

"Oh. Well, what did it taste like?"

"Macaroni and Cheese!"

Apparently, my sister couldn't hold back any longer and gave into the hysterical, horrified, laughter she'd been holding at bay.

Great. Now eating boogers is funny. Just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment