Custom Search

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Life These Days Is Like A Nationwide Commercial

My life these days is like a Nationwide commercial except, as I told another person, instead of a singular spectacular event, I'm stuck in the middle of an F-5 tornado that's been going on for miles. Let's just hope that when it dies down I'm not lodged in a tree someplace.

Given the amount of time that has passed, as you can imagine, I have a ton to write about-- both for myself and for Short Person. Short Person's adventures have been so much on the hilarious side that I'm dedicating a few posts just to her. I'll put those stories up soon with pictures.

*********************

My Grandpa's in the hospital... again. The first time it was with pneumonia. He's 87 and, to be frank, wishing to go. Whenever I talk to him, his response to my question of how he's feeling or doing is "Tired of Living, Tired of Life, Tired of Living a Tired Life". I went to visit him and it was so obvious that he wants to go meet God. He's excited. I don't know how else to put it. So while it's sad-- I'm not even sure how to deal with it-- it's also funny. He keeps saying goodbye, and everyone else keeps saying "Nope, not yet." Then, he pouts. LOL...

Anyway, something's wrong with his legs. I'm not sure what and don't really need to know (the reality of getting old scares the hell out of me and I'm not doing it that gracefully), but the bottom line is that he's in a place once more where he's probably "hopeful" to be going. *sigh* Not yet. Not yet. I need to learn how to play Bridge first. Guess I might need to do that in a hospital. I'll need to haul in a bigger table. Can't imagine that those rolling bedside things will actually work for Bridge.

When I think about my Grandpa it is always as the strong matriarch of the family. In reality, I think the strong matriarch is my Grandmother, but the image still stays.

On a last note about my Grandpa, I had to call my Dad and tell him. That was... difficult. Some days, it sucks being the oldest child. You get the crappy jobs. I'm not sure why. I suppose theoretically it is because you're supposed to be the more "responsible" one. *snort*

***

DORK MOMENT

I've spend the last week rearranging Short Person's room and my office. I've gone through everything, gotten rid of a ton, and moved things around. I've cleaned until my knuckles bled (okay, not really, it just sounded cool). Anyway, this spurt of rearranging inspired LJS and I and we decided it is time to finish the rest of the house (with new paint, new doors, new window sills, and new molding).

We went to the store, picked up all the supplies, and gasped at the bill. LJS went to load it and tie it in the truck, while I went to order us up a couple of Polish Dogs (a favorite tradition with us whenever we go to Home Depot). By the time I got done getting the dogs, he had the truck loaded and was finishing tying it all down. By the time I reached the truck, he was ready to eat.

I handed off his lunch and drink and started walking around to my side, all the while looking down and shifting things to more easily carry then. When all of the sudden... WHACK!... I walked straight into the stack of molding and lumber sticking out the back.

My face burned like bloody heck from the scratches going from my nose down to my jawline and across my forehead, and my head hurt from the force of the blow. But I kept walking... Couldn't let on that I'd actually gotten hurt, you know.

LOL... some days, I swear. Will it ever end?

***

I will end this particular post by stating that I'm quite upset at the movie Zodiac. First, I was disappointed because it wasn't morbid enough. LOL... just wanted to see if you read this far.

Actually, what makes me really mad is that at the end of the movie they give a synopsis of what happened from the end of the movie to present. The conclusion of this long search, if you will. Whatever font they used SUCKED because I couldn't read it. Now, I have NO IDEA what happened! I have no closure. For all I know, the guy could have moved to Oregon and live a block away!!!

*growl* If you happen to watch it and can read the end, please type it for me in a normal font that is actually readable. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment