Custom Search

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm Not Wearing Any Clothes

In our household, everyone has a job. Or many jobs. For instance, it is my job to clean the kitchen and load the dishwasher, but it is LJS's job to unload the dishwasher. It is my job to fold and put away the clothes and LJS's job to wash and rotate the clothes through the machinery. Short Person... pretty much does whatever she wants, but helps with chores whenever possible.

If one person gets behind, the whole house gets behind and mass chaos ensues.

This weekend, we were on a roll-- except maybe for the cleaning part-- with LJS and Short Person in the house, it becomes frustrating and pointless. If you are going to visit, visit during the week. It is the only time I can offer you a clean environment.

Anyway, as I said, we were on a roll. Laundry was like clockwork and for this reason we got about six loads run through, folded, and put away. There was one load left in the dryer though.

Now, it never occurred to me to check and make sure all my clothes were put away because... the laundry was done.

EXCEPT IT WASN'T!!

Apparently, there was also a load in the washer. And miraculously that load somehow contained ALL my work clothes. Except for a pair of pants I wore yesterday.

At 8:00am, as I attempted to get dressed and discovered I had nothing to wear, I went in search of my clothes and found them, in the washer... not dried. With half an hour to get coffee and get to work, I did the only thing left to do.

Which is why I am not wearing any clothes today.

No, what I am wearing can, at this point, only be described as the least smelly of the dirty rags I had lying in a pile.

I CAN NOT WAIT for lunch. I have never, ever looked forward to my lunch break this much... well, maybe a few other times.

This can only be termed retribution for all those times that the clothes weren't folded, which is the only thing restraining my need to call my husband.

Okay, actually, I did call him. But, really, this is funny. I mean, how can I be mad? I'm not. It's gross, I admit, but if this is his retribution, it's funnier than heck and totally inventive.

No comments:

Post a Comment