Custom Search

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Booger Jar

I am seriously hard-pressed to come up with any viable reason why Friday seemed to be all about boogers. Boogers in emails, boogers from people with colds, boogers, boogers, boogers.

Ew.

But the topper came Friday night. I was laying in bed with LJS watching television when Short Person came bouncing into the room, hopped up on the bed and said in a very matter-of-fact voice, "I like boogers."

"What?"

"I like boogers!"

"Oh, you do, do you?" Somewhat unsure of what she means by that statement.

"Yeah, they are yummy."

Oh Lord, I thought helplessly. "That's... really gross. You shouldn't eat them! They will make you sick!"

"Oh." She paused in thought for a second and I can see the wheels turning in her head. "I'll just put them in my booger jar then."

My eyes widened and I'm desperately trying to think of a response, but hilarity at the mental picture of a baby food jar filled with boogers is just overwhelming and I'm trying SO hard not to smile. "Your booger jar, huh? Where exactly is this booger jar?"

"It's with the Christmas lights."

The response was so immediate that I'm now concerned that there actually IS a booger jar somewhere in our garage. "The Christmas lights?"

"Yeah, you know... the one with all the ornaments and decorations in it?"

"Oh really..." I let my voice trail away thinking to myself that come November I will be opening that box very carefully.

"Yeah, I'm going to fill it up and give it away as a Christmas present!"

I'm looking at LJS right now to see if he's catching any of this conversation, but he seems engrossed in whatever is on tv. "Oh... who are you going to give it too?"

"Chris and Jason!"

I couldn't help it. I BUSTED up laughing... as did my husband. There was just no way to keep a straight face as the mental image of a jar of boogers being given to some of our best friends came to mind.

I swear, I was pretty out of it on drugs at the time and I'm beginning to wonder if aliens were also giving birth in the same operating room as me. Perhaps she was switched. Course, my husband says that he's pretty sure she's ours since he watched her get pulled from my tummy and then almost immediately put into his arms for the next four hours while I was in recovery. But man, oh man...

No comments:

Post a Comment