Custom Search

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

She Definitely Has Dramatic Flair!

Yesterday, I ate something that did not appreciate the sensitivity of the digestive system. As a result, I spent a bit of time in the bathroom.

Now, as embarrassed as I am to tell you this and as much as it falls into the TMI category, it is important to impart the information to tell you how Short Person fits in.

I'm in the bathroom and LJS is in bed watching television.

"Mom, I want a snack. I want some Yo-Gos."

"Okay, but mommy doesn't feel good right now. Can you get your stool and go get them?"

"Well, are they on the counter?"

I look at her, now stepping on her stool in front of the sink. "Hmm... you're not going to be tall enough to reach them, are you?" She looks at me dubiously. "Okay, go tell your daddy that mommy doesn't feel good and ask him if he could get you the Yo-Gos."

"Okay." *thump, thump, thump, thump, thump*

"Daddy, mommy's sick!"

"What?"

"Mommy's sick!"

Since she's saying this in the same dramatic tone that you might use to impart the information that mommy has just fallen, is lying in a pool of her own blood, her head is smashed in on the floor, and I think she's dying, LJS has grown immediately concerned.

"Mel! Are you okay? Do you need anything?!"

*sigh* "I'm fine. She just needs some help getting her snack down."

"Yeah, Dad. I want some Yo-Gos. Can you get them down for me?" Short Person asks in a chirpy voice.

"Uh... sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment