Custom Search

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Feeling Rather... Bereft

I finished a new book tonight. It's amazing what I can do when Short Person is away for just one night at a sleepover. I can read! Yea!

Now, if I would just write something, we'd be hoppin'.

The book I just finished was called "Night Echoes" by Holly Lisle. It's a paranormal romance about a young woman who moves to a house that she's been dreaming about since she was five-years-old.

I don't want to give away spoilers, so I'm not going to go into much detail, but I just want to say... I love books where the author has done such a good job establishing characters that when the last page is turned and read, a piece of you dies inside because the story is over. You miss them.

I miss them. In this book not so much the main characters, I mourn the ones that haunted. It leaves me feeling bereft. Sad.

But WOW the book was good. Had quite a few twists I was not expecting.

Oscar Wilde once said that a book that wasn't worth reading over and over wasn't worth reading at all.

Going by those standards, in my opinion, this book was worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment