Custom Search

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Laughter in the Midst of Stress

This post is going to take you from our water heater straight into LJS and my bedroom. While I am not going to go into any great detail worthy of an erotic story or Harlequin scene, it will not doubt have some stuff in there about how our relationship works. If you are uncomfortable with that, turn back now. LOL...

Monday, after we'd gotten the first of three water heaters home and installed, and after discovering that it had major malfunctions of the leaking kind, we decided to meet in the bedroom for a little R and R. Unfortunately, as luck (or lack thereof) would have it, we also noticed we were out of condoms. As we snuggled up, prepared to do other things, I started laughing at our day. There is, after all, only so much that can go wrong before you either laugh or cry and since it was only day 3, not 4 or 5, I was still in the laughing stage.

We were having fun, playing around, but I still wanted sex. "You know" I said, "aren't you at all tempted to just have sex without the condom to see how bad our luck really is?"

"Uh... NO."

I laughed. I knew he'd say that, but I still wasn't willing to give up the argument now. "Come on. How are we supposed to know if our luck really is bad if we don't give it all we have? Let's test fate! Sex with NO condom. Let's just do it... It'd be quick." That last probably wasn't much of a persuasive argument, but I was trying to emphasize that it would be painless and over soon. He could do it and then in one month, we would know if we were really having bad luck.

"No."

"Please? It'll feel good."

By now, he's laughing. A mix of horror and hilarity and "Please God, help me" thrown in. "No."

"Meg's always wanted a baby brother or sister. Just think, we wouldn't have to give the dogs away then because she'd have something to occupy herself." Meg has been trying to give our dogs away for a year or two now. She wants a bunny rabbit and mommy made the mistake of telling her she couldn't have one until we no longer owned dogs.

"Umm... no. Now get on with it, Woman."

He's not budging, so I gave up the argument and settled in, but part of me still wonders... Would we, or would we not, have gotten away with it? I guess we'll never know how bad or good our luck was that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment