Custom Search

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It Isn't Every Day...

I was getting ready to leave for the store when out of the corner of my eye something moved. Now, I've never been known for having the best eyesight, and in my own home, where I'm less able to play the "Oh sure, I can see" card, my squinting brought immediate notice from the other two occupants of the couch.

"What IS that?!" LJS asked. Luckily, I had seen it hop, so I was fairly confident in my response.

"I think it's a frog." Course, it was also possible it was a piece of lint that sort of glided across the wood flooring, but then it hopped again.

"Oh great." LJS groaned. "You know if the dogs see it... goodbye frog."

I put my stuff down and went to gather our rodents from the couch before they caught on to the commotion as Short Person started freaking out.

"A FROG?! Ahh!!"

LJS and I simultaneously rolled our eyes. "Honey, it's cute. It isn't going to hurt you." We watched as she still decided standing on the couch was the safest thing to do and then LJS went to go get something to catch him before the little hopper fled behind an immovable object.

It only took a few seconds and I decided that, since it wasn't every day a frog came to visit you, I needed to grab my camera. Thinking back now, I wish I would have told Meg that it might have been the Frog Prince come to visit her. I would have loved to see her reaction.

Course, knowing Short Person, she would then have insisted that we keep it, build a castle for it, and feed it while she worked up the courage to kiss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment