Custom Search

Monday, April 13, 2009

Short Person and Taylor Swift

Like most of America, and probably beyond, I've developed an affection for Taylor Swift's song "Love Story", and to a lesser degree "White Horse". I've had them stuck in my head for months now, so I finally caved in and purchased her "Fearless" CD.

I LOVE it!

Unlike so many Cd's that get produced, the entire album is full of songs that are catchy and fun to listen too, so it is no surprise that it became a mainstay in the car's CD player. However, I was a little surprised about how much Short Person caught on and loved the song. She sings it All ThE TiMe.

Since Shortie loved the song so much, I decided to play a recorded version of Taylor Swift singing "Love Story" on the television. It was done during the show Crossroads that Taylor did with Def Leppard. In the show, she has her blond hair hanging loose and a gold dress on.

And it was from this that Short Person developed her first teen idol. It has been "Taylor Swift" everything since that day. Almost non-stop.

I had been really excited to take Short Person to see the new Hannah Montana movie and bribed her with the fact that Taylor had a small part in the movie. We went, we saw, we enjoyed, but more than that, Shortie was still enamored of Taylor. Once the movie concluded she all but begged me to go and buy a poster of Taylor Swift to hang in her room.

We went to Bi-Mart, the only store in this neck of the woods to carry posters, but they didn't have one of Taylor. So, I wound up purchasing a magazine similar to Teen Beat which had an 8-1/2x11 full page photo of her.

When we got home, Short Person took the photo out, grabbed her dad and the thumb tacks from her desk (for her bulletin board), and led LJS into her room. From there, she proceeded to position the photo on her bedroom wall. First, she tried above her bed, then next to her bed, then above her bookshelf, then above her dresser, then above her hope chest-- each time having her dad stick the tacks in and then standing back to survey the placement. Each time deeming it not the right spot. Until finally, she tried it above her CD player. Where finally, it found it's final resting place.

I feel like there should be some profound observation made about the fact that she's only five and this shouldn't happen until... I don't know, ten? But I can't think of an observation. The image I have of her daddy standing back patiently while she tried to find the perfect place is too endearing. I wish I had taken a photo so that I could have more than my memory to share. It was just too cute.

Incidentally, Hannah Montana was wonderful. Probably better than I expected. We bought that CD too.

No comments:

Post a Comment