Custom Search

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sleep Like A Rock

Today was a very long day for our little one. It started when she woke up at 6am and didn't stop until she went to bed at 9pm. The day included a trip with babysitter and the old-folk's home to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, the beach, ice cream, candy, snacks galore, and about everything you'd expect from a babysitting Aunt willing to spoil her.

She was sun-drenched, sand-swept, and tired.

"Wow, I bet you sleep like a rock tonight." I said to her, cuddling her close and loving how soft she was in her pj's. "You must be really tired."

"I am really tired, Mom, but I'm NOT going to sleep like a rock!" She exclaimed.

"You're not? I don't know. You're pretty tired and I think it'll be just like a rock."

She sighed, and I could tell she was getting very exasperated with me for arguing with her. "I'm not going to sleep like a rock." She muttered.

"Oh. Well, why not?" I asked, curious.

"Because then I'd have to sleep outside! It's dark and scary out there!"

"Ahh..." I responded, working hard to stifle laughter. "I've gotcha now. Sleeping outside like a rock..."

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cute! :) Kids are so literal sometimes!

    (thanks for stopping by my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel! You're the winner of my Oh Nuts! Giveaway -- please contact me as soon as you can at ilovecookiemonster (at) gmail.com with your address so I can get your order shipped to you.

    Thank you for entering!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete