Custom Search

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Short Person the Massage Therepist

In our house, it is imperative to hide the lotion bottle. It's the kind that has a pumper on the top, so that all you have to do is depress the top and gobs of lotion comes out.

I say this because, as much as I love having LJS rub lotion on my back (really, who doesn't love a massage from their main squeeze?), it is an entirely different experience in the hands of a crazy child. A year ago, Short Person witnessed one such honey-pampering event and decided that mom loves nothing more than having piles of lotion rubbed EVERYwhere.

Since then, I've been pretty good about putting the bottle away, which meant high enough that she couldn't see it. Unfortunately, "high enough" meant something different a few months ago, which is how I found myself lying in my office floor while handful after handful of baby lotion found its way onto my back.

So much lotion that an hour later, as LJS and I prepared for bed, I made the comment to him that I had so much lotion on me that I could probably squeeze into anything.

Short Person, who was snuggling down in our bed for a few minutes of quality cuddle time with Daddy, overheard the comment and responded with a lot of gusto for a five-year-old, "Well, Mom, you'd better not try to ska-weez in here!"

LOL... There's probably an argument to be made about how my place is next to Daddy, but luckily for her, I understand needing cuddle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment