Custom Search

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Photo 70 - Flowers for Drea



Flowers for Drea.
I probably would have preferred to skip a picture, but... I'm the proverbial Elephant in a Glass shop. I don't know why, but whenever I set out with the best intentions, things never go as planned.

The flowers didn't reach her in time. They said it was guaranteed same-day delivery, but the couldn't do it. No florist would deliver on a Sunday. She passed away later that day.

On Monday, heart-heavy, I received no less than three phone calls from the company telling me they had attempted delivery earlier that day, but that they needed a suite number. Even though I had talked to them each time and told them the circumstances, relaying that I would need to get ahold of a friend to get it and would call back, each person that called seemed to not have read the notes or communicated with anyone. I was forced to repeat the same thing over and over again.

What followed was the WORST customer service experience of my life.

When I finally received the email from my friend stating that at this time it would cause more pain that they needed, I attempted to cancel. They wouldn't allow it. I would have preferred to send the flowers to another of my friends who was hurting terribly, but without an address there was nothing I could do. So, I had them delivered here.

I hate that they are on my desk. I really do. Beautiful though they may be, the reason they are there is heart-wrenching.

No comments:

Post a Comment