Custom Search

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Guess I'll Go Eat Worms

My sister just wrote a blog about a memory that she and I share. The first is about a song that everyone in our family knows by heart. It is the Worm song.

"Nobody Loves Me, Everybody Hates Me, Guess I'll Go Eat Worms"

Well, one day, my littlest sister decided to go and do just that.

It wasn't an ode to the song. She didn't think everyone disliked her, but she needed something cool for speech class. She had to do a presentation on how to do something, so she decided to teach her classmates how to eat a worm. The proposal was to write the speech and then WOW them by eating an actual worm. In front of them. In the classroom.

Now, my sister is fairly sensible so she decided that she really ought to practice this experiment first and make sure she'd be able to pull it off. So, she went out and picked up a few worms from the front yard, washed them off, got out some catsup (believing they would taste better that way) and put one in her mouth.

She bit down... and suddenly there were two worms.

She bit down... and then there were four worms.

She bit down... and then there were eight worms.

And they were all trying to bore their way OUT OF HER MOUTH! By going THROUGH HER CHEEKS.

If memory serves, this would be the point where she spit them out and nearly threw up. Honestly, I don't know how she prevented herself from tossing her cookies all over the place.

The next day, in front of the class, there were no live worms. I believe that the class was suitably horrified when she, in exacting detail, explained her experience. And they only grimaced a little when my sister passed out the gummy worms so that they could all give eating a worm a go.

If you think I am strange, you really ought to meet my family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment