Custom Search

Friday, August 31, 2007

JournalingPrompts.com

I am in the mood to write. Something. Anything!

If I were at home, I'd be finishing the edits of "A Night With Tracy 3" right now. I've put it off for almost two months, but now I'm ready to finish it. I got into a little bit of a negative self-esteem slump where I thought I'd just quit writing.

Writing takes time. It takes quiet and concentration, neither of which I have in a house that's torn apart and is inhabited by a demanding 3-year old and a husband who might be better served by a maid and a slut (me... lol).

But as it seems, which should be a lesson I've learned previously, I can't seem to put writing on a shelf. Hahaha, both literally and figuratively. That was funny. I can't stop writing, because voices talk in my head and the only way to get them to SHUT-UP is to write, but I don't seem to apply myself to the task of writing a novel. I suck.

So, as if on cue, there arrived in my email this morning an advertisement for a book about journaling. I went to check it out and did some further research on the site, signed up for a couple email lectures, and then discovered this site www.journalingprompts.com . It offers a scroll over prompt for each day of the week or for a month depending upon how you look at it.

So, I scrolled over one and the prompt was: List 30 Things You Love To Do With Your Family. There were others of course, but I liked this one. So for today, here goes (and I'm including extended family in some of these too):

1. Laugh - I know that's broad-spectrum, but it's so true. We don't even have to laugh about anything, which is silly and fun at the same time.

2. Hug - Can anyone ever get enough?

3. Play the "Mommy needs kisses game" - Usually, this includes us all taking turn with who is going to be stealing lots of kisses from whom and creates a lot of laughter as the other person tries to get away.

4. Cook - This doesn't happen often enough, but I love sharing a kitchen with LJS and cooking a meal.

5. Dance the Hi-5 dances with Short Person - I've gotten quite a few of them down.

6. Sing - With both immediate and extended family.

7. Play Games - I come from a long line of board, card, and mind game playing family members

8. Learn and Teach

9. Watch Ducks football - With anyone else but LJS, he gets too mad.

10. Take a Weekend Walk to the Bakery - Short Person is so excited and happy to go you can't help but be happy watching her. One time, she even packed her purse (with exactly enough change for the donut she wanted) and her cell phone (a plastic one that came with her Fisher Price kitchen). Too cute.

11. Sit and talk. Reminisce.

12. Play Hide and Seek - Even with the adults. It's fun to play outdoors around buildings, trees, and such.

13. Attend Church - Haven't done it in a long time, but it is better with family.

14. Explore - When my sisters and I were younger we used to love to walk in the field behind one of the houses we lived in. There were a lot of really cool areas you could go and visit on the property- forts if you will- that was fun.

15. Play soccer. It's loads of fun with family cause you generally don't have to care about the rules just so long as you have the ball.

16. Fly a Kite - Especially when Short Person is taking the string and running full bore trying to get it in the air.

17. Go to the Movies

18. Go to the Beach and look at all the little shops in whatever small town we are in.

19. I like clothing shopping with Short Person - She has her own sense of style and I love watching her yea or nay things.

20. Go Out To Dinner

21. Paint - Not necessarily rooms, but canvas painting. Or Watercolors.

22. My annual Pumpkin Carving Party - My sister and nephew are artistic savants when it comes to carving a pumpkin.

23. I like doing anything with my sisters that just allows us to be outdoors, walking, talking, and looking at things. The State Fair is one of my fondest memories of doing that.

24. Going to the Zoo - Hey, it's not everyday that you get to see ALL your relatives!

25. Did I say Laugh already? Lots of it.

26. Create - There's no comparison to doing this with my family. Full of creative geniuses we are.

27. I like being Mrs. Electronics Fix It for my family - I get called for remote, television, and connection problems all the time.

28. Traveling

29. Sometimes, arguing - Especially when I know I'm right and they are wrong.

30. Playing Spoons - Vicious game in our family. My aunt once had a bruise on her hand the size of a baseball after one such game. During one game, I wrestled my cousins to the ground in a fight to the death battle for the spoon!

****

LOL... I just got a call from someone asking whether greenhouses needed to be permitted and inspected. I told him that if he was going to put in glass in the roof, he might want it inspected for his own peace of mind. He laughed and I wondered if he had the same image go through his mind of that scene in "Hand That Rocks the Cradle" with the apple and the roof of the greenhouse slamming down.

Definitely not easily forgotten that one

No comments:

Post a Comment