Custom Search

Sunday, February 15, 2009

25 Things

On Facebook there is a survey going around called "25 Things". If you are tagged, you are supposed to list 25 things about yourself that not many people know. These are mine.

1. I love men's hands. So much so, that I have a top 10 list that includes my husband's hands, my dads, and Ben Afflecks.

2. One of the things on my "To Do Before I Die" list is to sing the national anthem at a professional sporting event. Until now, I've only ever told one person that because, with my family, I was worried they'd actually find a way to make it happen.

3. In my high school psych class, for fun, they gave us a Mensa exam and I passed. It was a goal of mine to take the real test and try to pass before I was 35. I used to study for it, but then I got pregnant and in a phenomena I don't understand, half of my brain did an intelligence dump.

4. I want to tour every state in the US, except Arizona and New Mexico. I have a thing against visiting places where death lurks around every corner. (OCD Alert!)

5. Galveston was one of my favorite cities. I cried when they showed the aftermath of Hurricane Ike.

6. I hate going to big events where other people I know are going to be (like sporting events, or community functions)-- because I can't see them. My eyes are so bad that unless you are standing right in front of me, I won't recognize you. You are a blur. I always worry that I slighted someone on accident.

7. I don't mind being OCD, but I sincerely wish I could control what I was obsessed with! Imagine the places I could go if I could just obsess on writing for a year or two instead of being plagued with OTHER things I MUST do! Or run. I could be a little energy ball if I could just obsess on running for awhile.

8. My daughter gets big birthday parties mainly because of the movie "Ya Ya Sisterhood". There's a line in there that Sandra Bullock says about how her mom may have been really screwed up, but she knew how to do birthdays really well. I figure I'm gonna screw up a lot, so I can give good birthday parties.

9. Waterproof mascara makes my eyelashes fall out.

10. I am a huge fan of the Oregon Ducks, only because one day my sister December and I were riding in the car and talking football. We decided it was too much work to root for two Oregon teams and needed to make one ours. We decided on U of O because we liked the color green more than orange.

11. One of the best movies I've ever seen is "Life As a House", but I never list it in my favorites because no one else seems to have heard of it.

12. I hate unloading the dishwasher. It is Mike's job. If he hasn't done it, and I need to do dishes, I will hand wash them before emptying the thing.

13. I answer to, and currently use, no less that five different names.

14. If my house is messy, I can't think. Literally, my brain will mimic the mess- makes me unbearable to live with because I need a clean brain. You know what I mean.

15. I know the hiding places of nearly all of my friends "unmentionables", along with strict instructions about what to do with them should they die unexpectedly. And, even though they've also told me where the keys to their house are hidden, I never know if they are serious or not about infiltrating their homes and scurrying out that which they do not want found.

16. I sometimes say things simply for the shock value of it, or because I want to see what the person does with the information.

17. The most fun I've ever had playing the game Hide and Seek was when I was a senior in high school and we cordoned off the area in Newberg that is Bi-Mart, McDonald's, State Farm Insurance... and used it as our hiding grounds.

18. If I'm really, really angry, the only way to calm down quickly is to get in my car, pop in a Metallica CD and drive 80+ mph around a winding road. Requires full concentration and I can't stay mad while trying to stay alive.

19. I'm not a big fan of cake. I eat it because I feel bad if I don't (like at a birthday party or something), but I really don't like the stuff.

20. The first thing I ever looked up on the internet was William Cane and The Art of Kissing. It was at December's house.

21. I secretly collect snow globes. I say secretly because I'm scared the word will get out and in a well-meaning gesture, my mother-in-law will buy everyone she sees... and I will be stuck with a bunch of snow globes I don't like for the rest of my life, unwilling to get rid of them because they were a gift.

22. Someday, when I have time and money, I would like to volunteer as much as possible at ChildHelp (their shelters). It would probably tear me up inside, but I think it is important.

22b. I am seriously running out of things to write about myself that anyone would find remotely interesting.

23. I've been serenaded by two cover models. Ranks up there in the "Most Embarrassing" moments of my life. Trying to smile the whole while some cute guy is singing to you and 50 other people are watching. NEVER want it to happen again.

24. One of my favorite moments as a mom was when Judith McNaught told me that if her children didn't have children pretty soon she was going to steal my daughter. LOL

25. I am a dork. I swear my picture is in Wikipedia. Someday, I am going to organize a dork convention so that I can hear about how others are dorks and not feel like I own the show.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment