Custom Search

Monday, May 17, 2010

Franklin's Last Visit

Dear Class,

On Thursday, I went home with Megan again. I got to go to her gymnastics class and watch her walk on the balance beam and flip on the bars. She looked like she was having a really fun time! When we got back to her house we played for awhile before going to bed.

The next day, I was really excited because I got to go to school with Megan-- and I didn't have to be in my backpack! I got to watch everything that happened. It was really cool. But then, something went wrong and I think Meg forgot to bring me back home. Meg's mommy said that they miscommunicated. So instead, I went home with Mrs. Bessler.

On Monday, Megan took me back to her house so that I could get my journal and backpack. I got to visit her and her Grandma Linda for a little while. But then, something weird started happening! Megan's eye started getting bigger and bigger until it was almost swollen shut. She said it was itchy, so her mom made her put ice on it and gave her some medicine. We watched Scooby Doo while we waited for her eye to look normal again. Megan loves Scooby Doo!

After the movie was over, Megan and I put her tooth under her pillow and went to bed.

It was a long weekend, but I'm excited about today and wondering who I get to go home with next!

Love,
Franklin

I can't tell you how many times I'd fall asleep on the couch at 1:00am writing in Franklin's journal, but for some strange reason I'm still going to miss it. Maybe that's one of the side effects of writing-- creating characters that live and breathe and that eventually you have to say goodbye too.

No comments:

Post a Comment