Custom Search

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mom, According to Short Person - Part II

Last year, right before Short Person turned 5, I gave her an interview based on questions written by Scrapbooker and Author Stacy Julian. As an idea for Mother's Day, I asked Shortie's Kindergarten teacher if she'd like to use the questions and present the answers as a gift to the Mom's.

She took the questions in order to review them and that was the last time I heard anything more about them-- until they were given to me, along with a wrapped Mother's Day present last night at the Academic Fair. Below are Short Person's answers, along with a link to the answers from last year. They have changed a lot as her awareness grows.

But, before I get to that, I wanted to write some about Academic Fair, which is an opportunity for parents to come in and see what their children have been up to for the year and also to visit with the teacher they will have for next year. The last was primarily the reason we went. With only a month left in the school year, there aren't going to be a lot of opportunities left.

All I can say is wow. Her first grade teacher has a LOT of energy. I was tired just listening to all of the things that they are going to be doing, beginning with a packet that includes 10 pages of homework a week and reading. They also have science and math and sociology and geography and... everything you'd expect from a school I guess. I just wasn't quite prepared for it.

To be honest, the thing I'm most not looking forward to is the homework. Is it bad to say that I want my child to be a child for a little bit longer? I know two pages a day is not a lot, but if it takes away from bike rides with Daddy and trips to the library with Mommy and play is it still worth it?

I think I'll just start praying now that my daughter takes to homework like a fly takes to honey and 10 pages will be done before bed on Monday. Leaving the rest of the week for fun.

Mom, According to Short Person... One Year Later (To read her answers from last year, click here.)

1. What is something mom always says to you? "You have to go swimming because it will save your life someday."


2. What makes mom happy? "When I do what she says."


3. What makes mom sad? "When I do not listen."


4. How does your mom make you laugh? "By tickling me."


5. What was your mom like as a child? "She had blonde hair."


6. How old is your mom? "40."


7. How tall is your mom? "Almost as tall as Tina." (Tina is her teacher's daughter.)


8. What is her favorite thing to do? "Cuddle with me."


9. What does your mom do when you are not home? "She cleans the house."


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "Gymnastics."


11. What is your mom really good at? "Hugging."


12. What is your mom not good at? "I don't know. She is not good at blowing up balloons because she is allergic."


13. What does your mom do for a job? "She just works at a regular work."


14. What is your mom's favorite food? "Cake."


15. What makes you proud of your mom? "When she is not mad at my dad."


16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "A movie character."


17. What do you and your mom do together? "We play."


18. How are you and your mom the same? "We both like to play."


19. How are you and your mom different? "She eats salad and I don't."


20. How do you know your mom loves you? "She hugs me a lot!"


21. What does your mom like most about your dad? "That he loves her."


22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "Washington D.C."


I'm not sure where she got some of these answers. I'm only a bottle blonde, and I've never done Gymnastics. I almost choked when I read the answer about her being proud of me when I'm not mad a her Dad, but the "Hugging" answer made up for it. I love my Short Person.

No comments:

Post a Comment