Custom Search

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Photo 164 - "Sittin' By the Dock of the Bay Wasting Time..."

It was a beautiful day today. LJS went fishing with his Dad. Short Person had swimming lessons. But, after we got done her and I were floundering for something to do outside in the sun. I decided to go and get us some snacks and then go down to the river to see if we could spot LJS. His truck was still there, but the boat was too far down river.

Short Person really wanted to see him though. See him and, to my surprise, go out on the boat. So we rushed home and picked up her life jacket and drove back to the river to sit and wait. She blew bubbles on the dock and I simply sat, enjoying the sun and taking pictures.

You can tell it was really sunny from these first few.

Her and I goofing around with the camera. She didn't want to make any nice faces, so most of them were goofy looks.

These are the posts holding the dock in place. I really liked the way they looked against the blue sky with the white of the spires and the white of the clouds co-existing.

Once we got on the boat (Daddy finally came back to dock. YAY!), Short Person wanted to go really fast. This is the moment after LJS cranked up the motor and started flying down river.

A little bit wind-blown after the drive.

My handsome husband.

Shortie was getting tired, so she laid down to take a nap while we fished.

I don't know how well this photo shows it, but the cotton trees were shedding their cotton and it was floating through the air. It looked like snow falling all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment