Custom Search

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Photo 152 - A Casserole Shower

A friend of mine was having a baby shower with a theme today. I was unable to attend because I still had the cold I'd managed to contract on Easter, but I wasn't going to let it stop me from giving her a gift.

The fact that it was a casserole themed party, was another matter altogether.

You've seen my past explorations into the world of cooking and viewed the results. So, it goes without saying that there wasn't going to be any way that I was going to be able to throw together a casserole that "freezes beautifully". At least, not without some sort of poisoning involved. And, since vomiting or spending hours on the potty are not things a new mommy wants to do, I had to get creative.

And creative I got. I figured that even if I couldn't cook, I could still manage to throw together a meal or two or three.

Using the wonderfully marvelous coupons in this year's Entertainment book, I went and purchased a few gift certificates and put them together with some "completers" and then wrapped them up to at least look like casseroles.



My husband was impressed as I walked out the door. I just wish I could have stayed to see if they were well received. Although, I know my hasty instructions not to freeze them must have raised a few eyebrows.



Included were:
1. Subs and Chips - A gift certificate to Subway with three snack bags of Doritos.

2. Burritos and Spanish Rice - A gift certificate to Taco Del Mar and a coupon for a buy 1 get 1 mucho burrito and a box of Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice

3. Pizza and Salad - A gift certificate to Papa Murphy's (with a coupon), $5.00 gift certificate to Albertson's with a shopping list for salad mix and a tomato, and a bottle of Ranch Dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment