Custom Search

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Photo 160 - Franklin, The Painted Plate, and a Father's Day Gift

This weekend was another lazy weekend. Well, lazy is pushing it since we did a lot of different things. I think by lazy I mean that we were able to have fun doing things like painting and playing. We went to the Painted Plate and got to work on LJS's Father's Day Present, which is shown in the picture.



Since it is no surprise to anyone (probably) that it sometimes takes me weeks to get these blog posts on here, I'll tell you the little story of bringing it home. It takes about a week to glaze and fire the item once we're done painting it. So, one week later, I arrived home after picking it up and doing some grocery shopping. Short Person wanted to take the bag in the house, but I was worried that she'd leave it hanging around and LJS would find it much sooner than the intended "gifting" date.

So, I warned her about this and let her know that she'd need to take it into my office and hide it so that Daddy wouldn't see it. At that moment, the man in question strolled up to the car. Short Person gasped, rolled the bag down a little further, and scooted out of the front seat. Looked up at her Dad and said, "Don't worry, Dad! I'm just taking in some groceries. It's just groceries. That's all... just groceries. I'm taking them into the house, cause, like, you know (insert small chuckle) that's what you do with, er, groceries!" And then she scuttled her butt into the house.

LJS and I were laughing as we watched her move away. "You have to admit," he said, "that was pretty good."

I'm fairly certain he now knows we painted something for him.

Anyway, back to the present. We also had Franklin. Here's his journal entry for today.

Dear Class,

This weekend, I got to visit Megan's house. Megan was really happy to see me and on Friday we played and played until it was time to go to bed. On Saturday, we had to get up early to go to Megan's swimming class. I got to sit with her mommy while we watched Meg learn how to swim! When we got done we went to Target to look around. We got to have a pretzel snack. It was a big pretzel that was almost as big as me!

When we got done, Megan and her mom decided to go to the Painted Plate to work on painting a mug. That was a lot of fun. They had so many different colors to paint with it was awesome.

Since Meg's Daddy had to work, her mom said it was a "freebie" day, so next we went got to go play at Safari Sam's! Megan took me on the Jungle Gym and it was so much fun! I screamed when I went down the slide. By the time we got done, I was beat. I fell asleep in the car on the way home.

The next day, we got to go meet Megan's Nana and see the movie "The Tooth Fairy". I really liked it. The movie was about a man who didn't have any dreams and didn't know how to say "what if", but he learned. I think it is very important to have dreams for the future. Do you have dreams?

When we got back home, Megan's mom said Meg needed to clean her room. That wasn't much fun, but it was great to have everything put back where it belongs.

It was a great weekend, but I need to go to sleep now. See you in the morning!

Love Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment