Custom Search

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Photo 161 - An Owl Bedroom

Short Person has recently decided she'd like to change her room decor into something a little more age appropriate. Since she's no longer three, but now a whoppin' six-years-old, she wants something more grown up.

Originally, she wanted the LittleMissMatched from JC Penney (the green striped with hearts on the reverse), but Mommy being the meanie that she is told her no. Sorry, but I can't handle the noise of the comforter. Just couldn't do it. So, on a recent shopping excursion to Target we took a zoom through the bedding aisles for little girls and found a room both of us love.



I told Short Person that Mommy and Daddy would redo her room as a "Welcome to 1st Grade" gift, but that it came with a condition-- she has to be sleeping in her bed at least three nights a week. She agreed.

But so far, it is not going well. I think LJS is letting her sleep in there because he does not want to paint again. LOL... Although, now that I think about it, the most he has to do is a green stripe where her wallpaper border sits now. But, he's really tired of painting, poor guy.

Two more images that show the detail of the owl and the color a little better.


3 comments:

  1. this is a really cute room. my daughter is 1 now and i started to put together her room little by little. i too chose the owl theme for her room. do you have any suggestions to create the full owl theme without breaking the bank but also not leaving it still plain looking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to go to Target and buy their Owl wall decoration kit. You get so many stickers that it becomes easy to make the bedroom have an owl theme. They are easily removable even after a couple years- I found that out when I had to move some to put up a poster of Tangled.

    I had purchased the stickers after I found her comforter and pillow. Looking back, I could have simply gotten the stickers and the pillow and then done coordinating blankets and it would have turned out looking just as cute.

    Here's the link to the stickers so that you know what to search for if you decide to get them.
    http://www.target.com/p/Circo-Love-n-Nature-Wall-Decals-Large/-/A-13060594

    That one is a bit different that the one they sold a few years ago. If you check out the store you may be able to find an older one, which came with more owls.

    It doesn't look like I posted a photo of what her room actually turned out to be so if I can I'll update this post to include it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I think viewing them here might be easier :)

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1595934175926.2080785.1163101537&type=3&l=a224718d92

    ReplyDelete