Custom Search

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Nose Knows

Short Person is amazing. Or a freak. I can't figure out which, right now. I'm still shaking my head and wondering where she comes up with stuff.

I took three fleece blankets over to TJ's so that her daughter could put them together for me. I was going to do it, and even borrowed the equipment for it, but her daughter is going on a school trip to DC, so at the last minute I decided that I'd hire her and pay her as a way for her to make money.

She had the blankets for maybe three days and bam! was done. Today, I went to pick them up. The short person's is brown on one side and has monkeys on the other. So cute!! So stinking cute! I couldn't wait to put it on her bed, so when I got home, it was the first thing I did.

I went into her room and pulled off her blankets and put the fleece one on and called her into her room to look at it. She walks in and with excitement starts telling me how soft it is and it's so cute and then, she bends down to smell it.

A little odd, but okay.

I haven't told anyone that I was going to take the blankets over. Haven't mentioned it to my husband, haven't talked about it on the phone... nothing.

Short person inhales deeply and looks at me and says, "Did it come from TJ's? It smells GOOD!"
Someone please tell me, how in the heck... what the heck... just happened? She's THREE!

Okay, I smell fresh tortillas and get transported back to Mexico, but not once that I can remember have I smelled a blanket or a piece of clothing and gone, "Oh hey, this must have come from so and so's house."

Wow... I'm amazed. Just amazed.

They do smell good, by the way. Just in case you were worried. LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment