Custom Search

Saturday, April 21, 2007

This Morning’s Argument With Short Person

I needed to run to the store to get two things-- milk and toilet paper. We were down to about a tablespoon of milk and half a roll of toilet paper.

I don't care so much about running out of milk since I have both juice and chocolate milk boxes in the fridge for short person. But toilet paper is a must. If you run out of that stuff, you are basically praying that you have a random box of Kleenex running around. Or paper towels, but if you've ever used those you know that it's like sand paper on your ass.

Anyway, we go to Bi-Mart and I'm telling her what we need to get. She's good with the milk, but she has serious issues with getting toilet paper.

"But Mom, we already have toilet paper at home."

"Yes, I know dear, but it is almost gone."

"Well, you should wait until we have it all gone to get some more."

I know I'm in trouble with this one because "having it at home" is my standard answer for her wanting another bag of Cheetos, a new baby, chocolate milk, etc. I look at her. "Honey, toilet paper just isn't something that you can wait to run out of first."

I pick up a package of double roll Angel Soft and hand it to her, which seems at least temporarily to solve the argument. She's helping now and it gives her something to do. We pay for it and carry it out to the car. I buckle her in and climb in to the driver's seat.

"Mom, we just don't need toilet paper. We have some at home. I think we should take this back."

Unbelievably, this argument lasted all the way to Wendy's to get chicken nuggets, all the way to the coffee shop, and all the way home.

It has stopped now, but only because mommy put it away.

Out of sight, out of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment