Custom Search

Thursday, July 17, 2008

From the Mosquito

If only they could really talk, I wonder if they would say something like this.

******************

Dear Dark Haired Person that Slept on the Couch last night,

I wanted to write a short thank you note and express my gratitude at allowing me to feast upon your flesh last night in what I can only say was a wondrously delightful meal. I have not sucked that much blood or tasted anything as sugary sweet as when you allowed me to sink my incisors in and pull.

I apologize for the multitude of red bumps that you found amassed all over different parts of your body, particularly your feet since they seem to itch you to extreme on most days anyway, but the nectar of your plasma was too good to resist and I kept coming back for more. I do hope none of them will be the gateway to a disease. Since I was born in your backyard, the only other thing I've feasted on is other family members. West Nile shouldn't be a concern.

It was particularly helpful that you were so tired you didn't try to swat me away like you have on previous nights. The smack into the wall two days ago left me feeling dizzy and light-headed and really served no purpose since I came back to torment you later. I tried biting the man in the bedroom, but he was snoring so boisterously that I almost got sucked up into a nostril and decided it was much safer to seek nourishment elsewhere. As for the child, well, as much as I like to buzz, her whining sets my buzzing to shame. I simply didn't want to wake her.

So see, you really were my only choice. Therefore, I again would like to graciously thank you. Should you remember to stick those annoyingly smelly dryer sheets all over you to keep me away, preventing my visit tonight, I just wanted to say that the memory of you will last until I hunger again and find your flesh to feast upon when you are not aware.

Have a good evening,
The mosquito

No comments:

Post a Comment