Custom Search

Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Hey! How did you get that fish in there?"

I've been waiting for a little while to post this blog because I wanted to have the pictures available to aid me. Before I start the story though, take a look at this photo...

Short Person and I were relaxing in the living room eating Popsicles when she suddenly looked at me and asked, "Hey! How did you get that fish in there?"

I looked down at my Popsicle wondering if I'd forgotten something and was actually sucking on a dead, frozen fish. Then I looked around the living room. Then at her.

"How did I get a fish into what?"

"That!"

She's looking seriously concerned, which is worrying me because apparently there is a fish stuck somewhere and I don't remember having a fish in the house-- at least no where other than our kitchen.

"Where, Honey? A fish in what?" I slowly look around the living room taking it all in and it suddenly occurs to me what she's looking at. "You mean... in the bookshelf?"

"Yea!"

I couldn't help it, I busted up laughing and yelled out for LJS. "Hey, come here. Your daughter has a question."

LJS walked into the living room and Short Person looks at him expectantly for an answer.

I left to go potty and I can hear LJS giving this long, detailed explanation of how you get a fish into a bookshelf, which cracks me up even more.

But then, I realized that she believed him! So, I made him tell her the truth. Party killer that I am, lol.


It is really salt and pepper shakers. Each end representing part of the fish. She thought that the body of the fish was actually stuck in the shelf.

This whole thing reminds me so much of the time she saw a Kangaroo in our neighbor's driveway. At least this time, it didn't take me six months to figure out what she was looking at!

No comments:

Post a Comment