Custom Search

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Photo 114 - JMBB Baby Shower



Today, was scrapbooking day! An all-day event that occurs every 6-8 weeks, and one where I invariably get little done because I'm busy gabbing with my friends-- or, like today, I've forgotten to bring pictures with me. It happens more often than I'd like to discuss. This time, however, I was rather disgusted with myself because I'd done page and embellishment choices for a bunch of projects and thought they were all ready to go. Guess not. I guess I forgot to order pictures AGAIN!

But, something good did come out of it. I was able to work one two projects that didn't need any photos developed. The first was a four-page spread of baby shower cards (yeah, yeah, I'm a little behind) that had messages in them I wanted to keep. The second was to scrapbook what little I had of my super-surprise, via mail, Dreadnaught Baby Shower.

Although we took photos of the event, the disposable camera never showed up where it was supposed to for development and online posting. I wish I new where it went because it was the only photos I took of my baby belly. I was too self-conscious to take any even for my own remembrance. Covered with little latex rashes from the injection sites and little bruises, I just never thought I'd want to remember it. But I took them for my friends who couldn't be there. Dang, I wish now I had them.

Anyway, not long before I was due to give birth to Short Person, a package arrived in the mail. Since I wasn't expecting anything I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. I cried when I opened the box and discovered decorations and gifts for a baby shower being thrown by women I'd met years before on the Internet. Even now, I'm humbled by how precious that day was too me. LOL... so much so, that I have 99% of the books, clothes, and blankets I received. The books still reside on Meg's bookshelf and the clothes and blankets are carefully stored in a box in the top of her closet.

So, sometimes it's a good thing to forget pictures. It let's you get caught up on things you've been putting off and let's you savor and relive faded memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment