Custom Search

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Photo 127 - A Niece and Nephew Visit



Today, we watched my niece and nephew while their parents went to an event nearby. We haven't gotten to see them very much so it took a little bit for them to warm up to us. Eventually, we were able to bribe them out of their shell with pizza, games of hide-and-seek, chocolate chip cookies, games of Candyland, games of Go Fish, playing with the Leapster, and YouTube videos of Smurfs. They were with us for about three hours... and it took two and a half of them for my niece to talk to me. Thank you Smurfs!

There was one funny moment in the evening that won't soon be forgotten. A few days ago, Short Person wanted to sleep in bed with us. LJS said no, so Shortie offered him money. Again, LJS said no. So, Short Person asked if she could bribe him.

Well, during our game of hide-and-seek the kids really wanted LJS to play. They climbed up on the bed where LJS was watching television and asked if he would join us. LJS said no, so my nephew offered to pay him. LJS, somewhat chagrined said "Thanks, but no." My nephew, not phased by this asked, "Well, can I bribe you?"

LJS and I busted up laughing. LJS refused to join, but offered to play Candyland with them instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment