Custom Search

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Photo 123 - Folding Socks and Last Day with Franklin

Short Person loves helping around the house. Maybe I should clarify that-- she loves helping around the house so long as it is not something of hers that she messed up. Then, it's like pulling teeth. But if it's something I'm doing, like cleaning the bathroom, washing dishes, or folding laundry, she's ready to chip in.

When it comes to folding laundry, we've been starting with simple stuff, like folding wash clothes and folding socks. There's just one problem with the socks...




Here is the latest of our entries into Franklin's journal. One thing about his process is that it's hand-written, so there's no going back to edit. I suppose it keeps it real.

Dear Class,

Happy New Year! I'm so excited that I get to come visit all of you again. The first person I was able to visit was Megan. Her mommy gave me a bath first thing because I'd been playing really hard and got really dirty.

Once I was done getting washed and dried, Megan and her parents took me to a basketball game. It was a lot of fun to watch the boys shoot baskets and have fun. Meg's mommy held me up most of the time so I could watch all the action.

The next day, Megan put the last two marbles in her reward jar and got to go shopping for something she wanted. We all piled into the car and went to Build-a-Bear to buy my new friend Bella some clothes and a pink carrier just like mine. Megan left me in the car because she was worried someone would think I was stolen, but when she got back she showed me all of Bella's new clothes. On the way home, we stopped for chocolate ice cream, and then to play hide-and-seek at the park. There was a lot of laughing.

Our last day together we just hung out and watched football. Megan called it a "hanging out day". I think it was more of a folding laundry day though. Megan even showed me how to fold socks! Looked pretty hard.

It's time for bed now. I hope I can sleep, since I have so much excitement in me. I'm so looking forward to seeing you all again!

Love, Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment