Custom Search

Sunday, November 26, 2006

FEAST - A Movie Review

I went over to a friend's house last night and we watched a movie I've been looking forward to seeing for a year and a half now. The title is "Feast".

It is the third Project Greenlight movie to be made, and per news reports, the last. None of the three ever made it to a full screen premiere, and sadly this last one never made it to the big screen at all. Sad, because it's the best of the three. It is about a group of people, each one so comically different it does nothing but add to the movie, that get stranded in a bar in the middle of NOwhere with horrible monster beasts outside. Monster beasts that are really fast, and really hungry. And, for some odd reason have sex... more than usual in this movie!

The movie... was not that bad. Really, it is something I would watch again-- which for me is saying a lot. While I am a huge fan of Project Greenlight, the first two movies were not enough to lure me back to watching them a second time; but also, I am not a fan of the gory movie genre... and this was GORY. Capitol G, underline. I've never seen a group of actors get so bloody and slimy in my life.

But it was funny! Lots of tongue-in-cheek humor. And, gory though it was, it was not in your face gore. It was not "Dr. Giggles" where you get to see exactly what is happening to the person to make all his blood and guts spill out. You have a general idea and that is enough.

The acting was probably a 2. There were some really well acted moments, but for the first part of the movie you can really, really tell that the people hired were novice actors just getting familiar with their roles.

Overall... I really liked it. If you choose to take a chance with this movie like I did, go into it thinking "Dumb and Dumber" meets "Dr. Giggles" and I think you will like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment