Custom Search

Sunday, November 5, 2006

Short Person's Christmas List

This story is about a month old, but it's hilarious, so I'm going to share it.

I was in the grocery store marveling at the idea that Christmas items were coming in just as school supplies were being pulled off of the shelf. Disgusted because I thought that it was just a tad early. I mean, crud, they didn't even have the Halloween stuff out. But then, I reconsidered and thought about how nice it would be to have my Christmas shopping done in early November.

Armed with this idea, I went home believing that I could get my husband involved in the "what do you want to get the child" conversation.

It was after dinner and the short person was watching her favorite Teletubbies on television, but her father would not leave her alone. He kept pulling her hair, or tickling her, or doing some other annoying thing to distract her-- even though she kept looking at him and waving him away with a "Daddy! I'm watching tubbytubbies." or "Daddy, stop it! I'm watching my show."

Attempting to rescue my daughter, I asked my husband "Okay, so what do you want to get her for Christmas?"

"I don't know. What do you get a 2-year old?"

Trying to get him to think about this, I ask "Well... what kinds of things does she like?" thinking that he will answer with Dora the Explorer, a baby, crayons, etc.

No, my husband decides as that moment to turn to our daughter and ask "Hey, what do you want Santa to bring you?"

My daughter, apparently annoyed beyond belief, turns to my husband and with a little smirk on her face, answers him.

"A new daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment