Custom Search

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I Had to Get a Shot!

I am hugely terrified of needles, so how I let my Doctor talk me into getting my pneumonia vaccination, I have no idea. But, she says I'm now good for 10 years. So, okay.

My arm now hurts worse than having had to get a tetanus shot. It is so sore I feel as though it was used in someone's boxing practice. So, you no longer need to fear the tetanus shot. If someone talks you into a pneumonia shot, make sure you have plenty of pain killer on hand.

My Doctor is easily the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. She has honey-blond hair, perfect skin, and a kick ass smile. She reminds me of one of the women in an Andrew Blake movie. So incredibly beautiful you can't take your eyes off her.

I remember that for the first few times I went to see her I had to force myself to stop looking at her. So, the first time my husband had to go with me to my appointment I tried to warn him about how pretty she was. As we walked into the building I made sure to tell him that he could not, under any circumstances, look at her constantly. I really liked her and wanted to come back.

LOL... poor guy. We went through all the nurses moves and waited for the door to open. When that happened, all I heard from my husband was a quick intake of breath before he let it out slowly. For the rest of the appointment, my husband looked everywhere but directly at her. He has never been able to go and see her for any type of affliction-- not even a cold. He says he'd be way too intimidated.

But, the best thing about my Doctor is that I genuinely like her. She's sweet and kind and understanding. She cried the day she diagnosed me with Diabetes. Every success or failure she feels with you. So yesterday, when she came out to the waiting room to get me and had a huge grin on her face, I knew we'd done good. My A1C had gone way down.

I think she was happier that I finally consented to the shot I mentioned above, however. She was so darn happy that she waved the nurse away and gave me the shot herself... and then drew a big smiley face in my file.

Oh bother!
_____________________________________________

While writing the above, the short person struck again. She came to get me so that we could go into the bedroom and get my necklace. But she had an evil alternate plan-- to wake up daddy.

We go into the bedroom and all the way across the room she's saying "Shhhh, Shhhhh, Shhhh". I'm thinking, "Okay, she wants to be quiet for daddy" and holding back giggles that her loud shhhing is probably waking him up.

She shhhed all the way over to his side of the bed and then when she was two inches from his ear screamed "Boooooahhhhhhh! Get up daddy, I want pancakes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment